Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
A nice twist to a southwestern dish.
- 2 Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 236.59 ml shredded tex-mex cheese
- 9.85 ml taco seasoning
- 10 (80 inch) flour tortillas
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 591.47 ml lettuce, shredded
- 29.58 ml chopped bell peppers
- In a medium bowl, toss together veggie burgers, salsa, cheese, and seasonings.
- Use pizza cutter to cut tortillas into 7 inch triangles.
- Place about 2 tablespoons burger mixture in the center of each triangle.
- Fold corners of large triangles over filling, completely enclosing filling and making small triangles.
- Secure with toothpicks, and brush with butter.
- Place on grill with toothpick sides up.
- Grill at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes, or until cheese completely melts.
- Arrange on top of shredded lettuce, and sprinkle with bell pepper.
We loved this recipe! I made one big quesadilla on the griddle and then cut in pieces after cooking. Topped with shredded lettuce, salsa and a blop of sour cream. Thanks for posting the recipe.
This was a VERY easy weeknight meal and we enjoyed it. I used medium salsa, 2Tb of a grilled leftover red pepper, and I omitted the bed of salad. DH didn't bother cutting the quesadillas ahead of time. He just spread the filling and grilled them whole, then sliced them with a knife into the appropriate sized wedges before serving. The very tasty Simple Tomato and Avocado Salad made for a simple and complimentary side. Made for Zaar Stars Summer 2013
This was a nice way to use a veggie burger. I scaled the recipe in half, used cheddar cheese and made 2 tortillas with some leftover. Thanks! Made for Rookie tag.