Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup cooked white rice
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed
- 1 plum tomato, diced (Roma)
- additional chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut three 18x12-inch pieces heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix beans, rice, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, the oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Place 2 bell pepper halves on one side of each foil piece. Fill with bean mixture.
- Fold foil over peppers so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Place packets on serving platter. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Sprinkle with tomato and additional cilantro.