Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
This version is a little easier than my other published bell pepper recipe. I am constantly adding and subtracting from this recipe, so the next time I find a better version, I will be sure to post it. The amounts of cheese are guess, feel free to adjust to your own taste. Also, I'm not sure if the box of rice is 11 oz, so just get whatever sice is common.
- 3 medium bell peppers (or 4 small or medium bell peppers)
- 1 (11 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, prepared (I prefer Zatarain's brand)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high, or oven to 400.
- In a large pot, boil enough water to cover half a bell pepper.
- Meanwhile, half bell peppers and remove seeds. If peppers do not sit flat, shave off a little skin from the bottom (be careful not to create a hole.).
- Submerge peppers into boiling water, and allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to dry. They should only be partially cooked.
- In a bowl, combine rice, pepper jack cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or when peppers are slightly charred and cheese is melted.
This was pretty good! I wanted to be able to make this into a complete dinner so I used Vigo Red Beans and Rice mix and added extra kidney beans for protein. I didn't measure out my cheese and probably used a little too much but it was still good. A great way to use bell peppers if you need to use them up.