This version is a little easier than my other published bell pepper recipe. I am constantly adding and subtracting from this recipe, so the next time I find a better version, I will be sure to post it. The amounts of cheese are guess, feel free to adjust to your own taste. Also, I'm not sure if the box of rice is 11 oz, so just get whatever sice is common.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to medium high, or oven to 400.
- 2In a large pot, boil enough water to cover half a bell pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, half bell peppers and remove seeds. If peppers do not sit flat, shave off a little skin from the bottom (be careful not to create a hole.).
- 4Submerge peppers into boiling water, and allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to dry. They should only be partially cooked.
- 5In a bowl, combine rice, pepper jack cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- 6Fill peppers with rice mixture. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 7Cook for 5-10 minutes or when peppers are slightly charred and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Bell Peppers Version 2
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend