1/4 Photos of Grilled Bell Peppers Stuffed With Basil Pesto, Boccocini Cheese
CHILI SPICE's Note:
Fantastic side dish in a flash! These peppers have a wonderful punch of real Italian flavors. Warm, sweet, colorful peppers stuffed with savory basil pesto, fresh garlic and gooey melted bocciocini cheese. This was a keeper at first bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet bell peppers, halved lengthways (red, orange and yellow)
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 5 mozzarella cheese, boccocini cheese balls sliced (fresh mozzarella cheese sold in most grocery store deli's)
- 1Preheat the grill to 375 degrees F.
- 2Scrape out the cores and seeds from the peppers.
- 3Brush olive oil inside peppers and season cavity with salt and pepper.
- 4Add a few slices of garlic to each pepper cavity and place on grill (cavity side up) until charred (approximately 3 minutes).
- 5Add a spoonful of pesto to each of the peppers and slices of Boccocini cheese.
- 6Continue to cook peppers until cheese in melted (approximately 3 minutes).
- 7Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Bell Peppers Stuffed With Basil Pesto, Boccocini Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: