Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are great and VERY simple.
- Take several bell peppers, cleaned of the stems and seeds. Cut into strips lengthwise. These can be four to six depending on the size of the peppers and your preference.
- Season LIGHTLY with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush both sides of the strips with good olive oil.
- Place skin side down on hot grill, until skin blisters and peppers soften (3-8 minutes depending on grill). You can let the skin brown a bit if desired.
- Turn peppers and grill until inner side is done (about half the time of the skin side -- 2-4 minutes).
- Try this with different color peppers. Maybe add a few green onions.
- Try this with Anaheim peppers -- Very good!
- Try adding sliced zucchini, too.
Very good! Only change, I didn't use black peppper, and couldn't use grill, so I did them in pan on stove top. I used long Italian hot peppers whole, and also Italian frying peppers with seeds & tops removed. Love these in fried chicken cutlet sandwich or sliced roast beef sandwiches!
We have been grilling our peppers like this for years. So easy, so good!