Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Who knew salad ingredients would taste so good grilled? A simple and elegant accompaniment to any dish. This can be prepared on the outdoor grill or easily made up on a stove top grill pan.
- olive oil (for the grill)
- 4 Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat an outdoor grill or stove top grill pan over high heat.
- Trim the tough, woody bottom of the endive leaving just enough for the leaves to remain connected. Cut the endives in half, lengthwise. Combine the oil and 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano. Brush the cut sides of the endive with the oil oregano mixture.
- Brush grill grates or grill pan lightly with olive oil. Grill the endives on the grill by placing them cut side down and cooking until the edges are browned and curled, about 3 - 4 minutes. Remove to serving dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, remaining oregano, salt and pepper.
My fresh oregano isn't growing yet and I subbed good quality dried Greek/Mediterranean oregano. I also used a stove top grill pan and lightly pressed down on the spears to speed up the grilling and not overcook. Easy and delicious! Thank you!
Very tasty and pretty. I did not use 2 tablespoons of oil, just a bit of olive oil cooking spray was quite enough. I think this might be yummy with a pinch of sugar too.