Recipe by Viclynn
Don't let this combination scare you - it is SO tasty! You can make the brats ahead of time and let them simmer in the delicious sauce. PERFECT for tailgating at football games!
Top Review by Merlot
We loved this. A great change-of-pace way of preparing brats! The Cranberry Chutney really compliments the brats. I will be making this again, for sure. Thanks for sharing it, Viclynn.
- 10-12 bratwursts
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 onion, large, sliced thin
- 2 (680.38 g) can dark beer, room temperature
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml caraway seed (optional)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 crusty rolls (brat buns)
- 236.59 ml whole cranberry sauce (from can)
- 118.29 ml sweet pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill the brats until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter, then cook the onion until tender (about 7 minutes). Add the beer, brown sugar, vinegar and next three ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- Add brats and keep warm until serving time (can be a few hours).
- Cranberry Chutney:.
- Mix cranberries and pickle relish together in a small bowl. That's it!
- To serve:.
- Slice buns (toast if desired), add a bratwurst and top with chutney.