Don't let this combination scare you - it is SO tasty! You can make the brats ahead of time and let them simmer in the delicious sauce. PERFECT for tailgating at football games!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10-12 bratwursts
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 onion, large, sliced thin
- 2 (680.38 g) can dark beer, room temperature
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml caraway seed (optional)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 crusty rolls (brat buns)
- 236.59 ml whole cranberry sauce (from can)
- 118.29 ml sweet pickle relish
- 1Grill the brats until fully cooked. Set aside.
- 2In a Dutch oven, melt the butter, then cook the onion until tender (about 7 minutes). Add the beer, brown sugar, vinegar and next three ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- 3Add brats and keep warm until serving time (can be a few hours).
- 4Cranberry Chutney:.
- 5Mix cranberries and pickle relish together in a small bowl. That's it!
- 6To serve:.
- 7Slice buns (toast if desired), add a bratwurst and top with chutney.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beer Braised Bratwursts With Cranberry/Pickle Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 1179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g