Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't let this combination scare you - it is SO tasty! You can make the brats ahead of time and let them simmer in the delicious sauce. PERFECT for tailgating at football games!
- 10 -12 bratwursts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, large, sliced thin
- 2 (12 ounce) cans dark beer, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 -12 crusty rolls (brat buns)
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce (from can)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- Grill the brats until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter, then cook the onion until tender (about 7 minutes). Add the beer, brown sugar, vinegar and next three ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- Add brats and keep warm until serving time (can be a few hours).
- Cranberry Chutney:.
- Mix cranberries and pickle relish together in a small bowl. That's it!
- To serve:.
- Slice buns (toast if desired), add a bratwurst and top with chutney.