Recipe by swissms
This is a very simple but delicious marinade. The balsamic vinegar gives the grilled steaks a deep, rich color and flavor which nicely compliments the natural flavor of the steaks. Bon Appetit, July 1998.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Fabulous! I always get nervous trying a new marinade on tenderloin steaks, since they are so pricey, but this just sounded so good. I made the marinade exactly as posted, except I added some fresh chopped parsley as well. The steaks actually marinated about 17 hours before I grilled them and they came out wonderfully. The meat was tender and flavorful, and my guests really enjoyed them. Thanks for making my dinner party a success!! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped shallot
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 beef tenderloin steaks (6-7 oz. each, about 1-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree vinegar, oil, shallots and rosemary in blender until almost smooth. pour into 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Add steaks; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 1 day, turning steaks occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove steaks from marinade; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.