Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Classic BBQ T Bone Steak served with a traditional onion and mushroom side. Then add a twist of maple syrup and crushed chilli's for a little extra texture....just one of those experiments that went right I guess. Hope you like it.
- 2 beef t-bone steaks
- 1 large yellow onion
- 10 -12 medium mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons becel margarine
- 3 slices maple bacon
- Heat BBQ as normal.
- In a parcel of Aluminum foil add 1 tsp of olive oil and coat base of parcel evenly. Roughly slice onions and add to parcel. Wash and slice mushrooms and add to parcel. Season with Garlic Salt, ground pepper and chillis as desired by taste(not as listed in recipe, please do to your taste). Add 2 Tbl of maple syrup and 2 tsp of Becel margarine. Seal parcel and BBQ for approx 15 minutes.
- Cook Bacon until Crispy and pat dry. Slice and allow to sit until ready to serve.
- Cook Steaks to required doneness.
- Allow Steaks to sit for 5 minutes or so when off the grill and serve with side of maple/chilli mushrooms and onions adding crispy cooked diced maple bacon for texture.
This is the best! I absolutely love it. I didn't use exact measurements, just threw it together, but it was so amazing! I also put chili powder in it and it added a lot. Before grilling the steaks, I seasoned them with garlic powder, chili powder and then syrup and it really livened up the steaks and tasted great with the side. Thanks for this recipe!