Fiery red curry paste mixes with sweet coconut milk and tangy citrus, bring the flavors of Thailand to this Beef Steak recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and coarsely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a plastic bag, set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine coconut milk, lemongrass or lemon peel, lime juice, fish sauce or soy sauce, red curry paste, and sugar.
- Cover, and blend or process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- Close bag, and refrigerate for 4-24 hrs., turning bag occasionally.
- Drain steaks, reserving marinade.
- Grill steaks on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over med-hot coals for 12-15 mins., or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness), turning once and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Remove steak from grill, and let stand 5 minutes
- Thinly slice meat across the grain.
- You can make marinade up to 24 hours ahead. Marinate steak as directed.