Prep 4 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fiery red curry paste mixes with sweet coconut milk and tangy citrus, bring the flavors of Thailand to this Beef Steak recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and coarsely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a plastic bag, set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine coconut milk, lemongrass or lemon peel, lime juice, fish sauce or soy sauce, red curry paste, and sugar.
- Cover, and blend or process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- Close bag, and refrigerate for 4-24 hrs., turning bag occasionally.
- Drain steaks, reserving marinade.
- Grill steaks on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over med-hot coals for 12-15 mins., or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness), turning once and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Remove steak from grill, and let stand 5 minutes
- Thinly slice meat across the grain.
- You can make marinade up to 24 hours ahead. Marinate steak as directed.
Pan-fried cuz it was raining cats and mice outside. Excellent!
Great taste, tender meat,I did not use the chili past but instead used hot pepper and garlic paste. Still was good and had a table full of smiling quiet faces, and lotsa of compliments when dinner was over. I also did not have lemon grass so I substituted with grated lemon peel.