1/1 Photo of Grilled Beef Steak in Thai Marinade
Fiery red curry paste mixes with sweet coconut milk and tangy citrus, bring the flavors of Thailand to this Beef Steak recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and coarsely chopped or 1/8 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a plastic bag, set in a shallow dish.
- 2For marinade, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine coconut milk, lemongrass or lemon peel, lime juice, fish sauce or soy sauce, red curry paste, and sugar.
- 3Cover, and blend or process until smooth.
- 4Pour marinade over meat.
- 5Close bag, and refrigerate for 4-24 hrs., turning bag occasionally.
- 6Drain steaks, reserving marinade.
- 7Grill steaks on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over med-hot coals for 12-15 mins., or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness), turning once and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through.
- 8Discard any remaining marinade.
- 9Remove steak from grill, and let stand 5 minutes
- 10Thinly slice meat across the grain.
- 12You can make marinade up to 24 hours ahead. Marinate steak as directed.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Steak in Thai Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 347.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste