Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
My husband made this for lunch today. He grilled it over charcoal and the meat ended up being very moist and tender. Great flavor and easy to make! Preparation ime equals marinating.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 (4 lb) sirloin tip roast, trimmed of fat (whole beef tenderloin can be used as well)
- Combine oil, garlic, teriyaki marinade and liquid smoke in sealable plastic bag; mix well.
- Add the roast.
- Squeeze air from bag, allowing marinade to cover the roast; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally; drain.
- Place roast on grill rack over medium-hot coals.
- Grill with lid down for 45 minutes.
- Turn the roast over and grill for another 30 minutes or until done to taste.
- Cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices.
- Serve immediately.
I had a 5 lb. roast, so I grilled for 1 hour. Kept the marinade at the same amounts, except I used 1 T. liquid smoke for fear it would be too strong with 2 T. Tender, juicy, and medium rare, just what the doctor ordered! Don
i do not care for teriyaki so i used grill mates peppercorn and garlic marinade. followed the rest of the recipe and it was delicious! i have a gas grill and kept the temperature at 350 which was tricky. would definitely make this again. thank you.
A lovely idea and soo flavourful!! I had a tiny 1 1/2 pound roast and thought it might work on our cuisinart griddler, it did to a point. The flavour was wonderful but it turned out very tough even after all the marinating time. It could have been the fault of my sirloin tip roast, it definately did not tenderize and sorry but I would not use sirloin tip again. I may try a more tender cut though cus we loved the flavour. I made the leftovers into a wonderful flavourful braised stew. Delicious!! Thanks for posting we loved the flavour!!