Recipe by Dine & Dish
My husband made this for lunch today. He grilled it over charcoal and the meat ended up being very moist and tender. Great flavor and easy to make! Preparation ime equals marinating.
Top Review by thurstondonnie
I had a 5 lb. roast, so I grilled for 1 hour. Kept the marinade at the same amounts, except I used 1 T. liquid smoke for fear it would be too strong with 2 T. Tender, juicy, and medium rare, just what the doctor ordered! Don
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 (4 lb) sirloin tip roast, trimmed of fat (whole beef tenderloin can be used as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, garlic, teriyaki marinade and liquid smoke in sealable plastic bag; mix well.
- Add the roast.
- Squeeze air from bag, allowing marinade to cover the roast; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally; drain.
- Place roast on grill rack over medium-hot coals.
- Grill with lid down for 45 minutes.
- Turn the roast over and grill for another 30 minutes or until done to taste.
- Cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices.
- Serve immediately.