Recipe by Kikimony
Prep time includes marinating time!
Top Review by Miraklegirl
Delicious satay! I can't get the Wishbone dressing and have no idea what it is so I just made a little marinade of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and some sesame oil. Worked like a charm! The peanut sauce is fantastic. I added a little lime juice and left off the curry powder for a little more thai flavour. Thanks Stephanie!
- 1 lb beef top round steak, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup wish-bone asian-style dressing
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup wish-bone asian-style dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot or mild curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Peanut Sauce: in a small bowl, blend peanut butter, 1/3 cup dressing, curry and pepper; Set aside.
- Cut steak into 1/8-inch strips, set aside.
- For marinade, blend 1/2 cup dressing, brown sugar, cilantro and ginger.
- In large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 1/4 cup marinade over steak; turn to coat.
- Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to two hours; Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.
- On skewers, thread steak; Grill steak, turning once and brushing frequently with refrigerated marinade, for two to three minutes.
- Serve with peanut sauce.