1 hr 15 mins
Made these Memorial Day and they really came out quick and tasty. Nice change from from hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone enjoyed them. Make as many or as little as you need.I served potato salad, fresh corn, of course the optional vegies, salad, etc. It was a ton of food...Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces nonfat beef broth (I used one also 50% less in sodium called Health Valley...very good)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 beef eye round, steaks cut approximately 3/4 to 1/2 inch thick
Addition but worth making
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 2 whole red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise (optional)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, washed, and sliced (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 sprig Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 dash Emeril's Original Essence (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 rolls
- 1Mix the marinade until well blended, then add the steaks.
- 2Make sure the steaks are well coated.
- 3Put it in a zip lock bag and refrigerate for about 1 hours Every so often turn the steaks.
- 4Remove the steaks from the bag to a hot grill.
- 5Approximately 15 minute for a medium doneness, turning once.
- 6Also marinade often with the marinade during this process.
- 7When almost done, discard the rest of the marinade--do not put any more on after you take it off the grill.
- 8Optional Addition:.
- 9Sauté the peppers in about 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil.
- 10After the peppers have sautéed a few minute begin adding onions, mushrooms, etc.
- 11Towards the end sprinkle with a little Emeril's Essence for a nice taste.
- 12*Serve with tomatoes, and/or this optional addition can be put on top, you can add cheese melted if you like, don't forget to use either a Düsseldorf mustard, or Dijon, or your favorite mustard or topping--these are quick and luscious!
- 13Don't overgrill however.
- 14I am sure once you make it you will think of even more toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 541.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat beef broth
beef eye round