Recipe by glitter
Made these Memorial Day and they really came out quick and tasty. Nice change from from hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone enjoyed them. Make as many or as little as you need.I served potato salad, fresh corn, of course the optional vegies, salad, etc. It was a ton of food...Yumm!
- 14 ounces nonfat beef broth (I used one also 50% less in sodium called Health Valley...very good)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 beef eye round, steaks cut approximately 3/4 to 1/2 inch thick
Addition but worth making
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 2 whole red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, washed, and sliced (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 sprig Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 dash Emeril's Original Essence (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marinade until well blended, then add the steaks.
- Make sure the steaks are well coated.
- Put it in a zip lock bag and refrigerate for about 1 hours Every so often turn the steaks.
- Remove the steaks from the bag to a hot grill.
- Approximately 15 minute for a medium doneness, turning once.
- Also marinade often with the marinade during this process.
- When almost done, discard the rest of the marinade--do not put any more on after you take it off the grill.
- Optional Addition:.
- Sauté the peppers in about 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil.
- After the peppers have sautéed a few minute begin adding onions, mushrooms, etc.
- Towards the end sprinkle with a little Emeril's Essence for a nice taste.
- *Serve with tomatoes, and/or this optional addition can be put on top, you can add cheese melted if you like, don't forget to use either a Düsseldorf mustard, or Dijon, or your favorite mustard or topping--these are quick and luscious!
- Don't overgrill however.
- I am sure once you make it you will think of even more toppings.