Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from teriskitchen.com I haven't made it yet, but I wanted to add it to my shopping list.
- leftover grilled steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- mixed salad green (optional)
- 2 large crusty rolls
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Stir in blue cheese. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil, then the onions.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Saute until very tender and golden, stirring often.
- To make the sandwiches, split the rolls in half.
- Place beef slices on bottom half.
- Top with some onions, then some sauce.
- Top with the other half of the roll.
- Wrap in paper towels and heat in microwave 45 seconds or until meat is warm.
- If desired, remove the top roll and garnish with greens and/or additional blue cheese. Serve immediately.
- Note: If using freshly grilled steak, omit microwave heating and just heat the rolls.
The sauce on this was awesome! I snuck this onto my husband's sandwich, who usually only eats his sandwiches with butter, and he raved about it afterwards! Something that doesn't happen lightly with him! ;O Thanks for sharing!!