This came from teriskitchen.com I haven't made it yet, but I wanted to add it to my shopping list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- leftover grilled steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish (more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- mixed salad green (optional)
- 2 large crusty rolls
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- 2Stir in blue cheese. Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add the oil, then the onions.
- 5Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6Saute until very tender and golden, stirring often.
- 7To make the sandwiches, split the rolls in half.
- 8Place beef slices on bottom half.
- 9Top with some onions, then some sauce.
- 10Top with the other half of the roll.
- 11Wrap in paper towels and heat in microwave 45 seconds or until meat is warm.
- 12If desired, remove the top roll and garnish with greens and/or additional blue cheese. Serve immediately.
- 13Note: If using freshly grilled steak, omit microwave heating and just heat the rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Sandwich With Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Ho
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 748.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g