Beef sandwiches with Asian flair From "Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The Steak and Marinade
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 lime, juice of
The Sesame Mayo
- 1Place the flank steak in a large plastic zip-top bag. To make marinade, combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, chili garlic sauce, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and mix well. Pour over steak, seal tightly and lay flat in freezer for 20 minutes.
- 2In the meantime, combine mayo, sesame oil and cayenne pepper and mix well. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 3Place sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat and toast until fragrant and slightly brown; set aside. Vegetable toppings may, also, be prepared while marinating.
- 4After 20 minutes, remove beef from freezer. Slice against grain on a diagonal into thin strips. Place beef back in marinade and let sit for 20 more minutes. (Note: the recipe does not call for salt, but I do lightly salt.).
- 5Remove meat from marinade. Heat an indoor grill pan or heavy skillet on medium-high heat until very hot. Brush with vegetable oil. Place beef strips on pan at least 2 inches apart; do not overcrowd. Sear meat in batches, 30 seconds per side.
- 6Toast rolls lightly and divide spicy mayo evenly among them, spreading on the top and bottom halves. Distribute beef along with cucumber, bell pepper, green onions, carrots, arugula or other leafy greens, sesame seeds and jalapenos among the sandwiches. Slice each sandwich in half before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.3
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 959.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: