Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Martin Yan recipe.
Make and share this Grilled Beef Salad With Lemongrass Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh lemongrass
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- To prepare salad, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; place on a cutting board. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place steak, lettuce, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Serve immediately.