Recipe by virtual_8030
Tip: Use a meat thermometer when you cook your meat. The internal temperature of a rare steak is 60°C; medium 60°C and well done 71°C.
- 200 g filet of beef, medallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 30 g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 30 g asparagus tips, blanched
- 10 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 g chopped onions
- 5 ml white wine
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 ml balsamic vinegar
- 5 g spring onions
- 5 g basil leaves, sliced
- 4 g salt, to taste
- 3 g black pepper, crushed
- 200 g potatoes, boiled, peeled & grated
- 5 g salt, to taste
- 3 g white pepper, power
- 5 g parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the beef with salt and pepper; grill and cook, according to desired taste.
- For the salsa, heat the oil in a pan and saute mushrooms and onion. Add white wine and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and leave it to cool.
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and add the sauteed mushrooms, spring onion, basil, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Mix all ingredients well and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the potato cakes, combine the grated potatoes, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add metal ring (8cm diameter; 1-2cm high). Fill the ring to the brim with potato mixture and cook until golden brown on both sides.