Recipe by DDW
My husband found this recipe in a Kikkoman ad and we have now made it several times. It's quick and easy to cook and very tasty. The marinating and making the Pico de Gallo can be done ahead of time, leaving just the cooking of the meat which only takes a few minutes. The cook time will vary depending on how thick your meat is, grill heat, etc. but I wouldn't cook the meat past a med. doneness. The Pico de Gallo served with this is a must.
Top Review by cricket1176
All I can say is YUM!! I will have to say that I only made the Avocado Pico De Gallo because I already had the steak marinating when I found this recipe. The Pico De Gallo was wonderful! It has wonderful presentation and the flavors are great! I will admit that when I first tasted it it seemed like there was way to much lime, but after it set for the recommended time it all came together. I will be making this again for sure! Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
Pico de Gallo
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced (use whole tomato, don't discard seeds)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce and lime juice together.
- Pour over flank steak and marinate meat for 4-8 hours, turning meat over once.
- Grill the meat to medium rare or to your desired doneness. (With flank one shouldn't cook any longer than to a medium doneness.).
- Slice thinly at an angle against the grain. An electric knife works great for this job.
- Pico De Gallo:.
- Add all the above ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir lightly to mix.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
- Once you have your meat cooked and tortillas warmed you are ready to assemble!
- Top tortilla with the desired amount of meat, some Pico de Gallo and a dollop of sour cream. Wrap and enjoy.
- Other taco or fajita type toppings can be added if desired.