3 hrs 30 mins
These are great for summertime grilling. Cooking and prep time includes time for marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs shoulder london broil beef, 3/4-inch thick (or Western griller)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 16 corn tortillas or 16 flour tortillas, 6 inches in diameter
- cheese, for topping (optional)
- sour cream, for topping (optional)
- guacamole, for topping (optional)
- salsa, for topping (optional)
- 1Trim the meat to remove any visible fat.
- 2In medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, lime juice, garlic and minced onion.
- 3Transfer to a baking dish.
- 4Add the beef, cover and refrigerate.
- 5Marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- 6When ready to cook, preheat a gas grill to high.
- 7If you are using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a light coating of white ash.
- 8Spread the coals evenly.
- 9Clean the cooking grate.
- 10Grill the steaks for 7-8 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- 11Remove the steaks from the grill and allow them to cool about 5 minutes.
- 12Cut the steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips, being sure to cut across the grain, and on a slight bias.
- 13Set aside.
- 14In large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 15Saute the peppers and onions for 5-7 minutes, or until they just begin to soften.
- 16Add the steak and cook until just heated through, about another 2-3 minutes.
- 17Meanwhile, grill or toast the tortillas until softened and warm, about 20 seconds per side.
- 18Serve the steak mixture with the tortillas and a variety of toppings such as cheese, sour cream, guacamole or salsa.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 184.2 mg
- Sodium 1342.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 64.6 g