Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Corn on the cob, steak bites and bell peppers, what more could you want on a skewer? From Redbook. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut into 16 (2-inch)
- 2 small ears corn on the cob, shucked and cut into 16 (1 1/4-inch)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 16 (2-inch)
- Combine onion, mustard, oil, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large resealable food-storage bag; add beef.
- Seal bag and toss thoroughly to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours, or up to 8 hours.
- Thread corn, beef, and bell pepper pieces alternately onto 12-inch metal skewers or wooden skewers pre-soaked in water.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently and brushing with olive oil (if necessary) 14 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
- Let skewers rest 3 minutes before serving.