Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Diabetes Control For Life website. Nutrition Information Amount Per Serving Calories 380 Calories from Fat 80 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 720mg Total Carbohydrate 47g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 15g Protein 29g Vitamin A 230% Vitamin C 150% Calcium 10% Iron 30%
- 4 ounces beef sirloin steaks, raw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup fresh zucchini, sliced
- 1 whole wheat roll
- 2 cups tossed green salad
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
- Please note that this recipe requires at least 2 hours of marinating time, which is not reflected in the prep time.
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. Place in a resealable plastic bag or set in a shallow bowl.
- For marinade, in a small bowl, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, honey, basil, salt and pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour marinade over meat in bag; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- When ready to prepare meal, cook carrots over stovetop in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Wash zucchini and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Preheat grill.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade. On a long metal skewer, alternately thread meat, carrots, and zucchini.
- Grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for about 12 minutes or until meat is of desired doneness, turning once and brushing often with marinade.
- Serve kabob with whole wheat roll and a tossed salad made with fresh, washed greens and vegetables of choice, and topped with a chopped tomato and dressing.