This is from Diabetes Control For Life website. Nutrition Information Amount Per Serving Calories 380 Calories from Fat 80 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 720mg Total Carbohydrate 47g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 15g Protein 29g Vitamin A 230% Vitamin C 150% Calcium 10% Iron 30%
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces beef sirloin steaks, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces baby carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh zucchini, sliced
- 1 whole wheat roll
- 2 cups tossed green salad
- 1/2 medium tomato
- 2 tablespoons fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
- 1Please note that this recipe requires at least 2 hours of marinating time, which is not reflected in the prep time.
- 2Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. Place in a resealable plastic bag or set in a shallow bowl.
- 3For marinade, in a small bowl, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, honey, basil, salt and pepper, and garlic powder.
- 4Pour marinade over meat in bag; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 5When ready to prepare meal, cook carrots over stovetop in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- 6Wash zucchini and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 7Preheat grill.
- 8Drain meat, reserving marinade. On a long metal skewer, alternately thread meat, carrots, and zucchini.
- 9Grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for about 12 minutes or until meat is of desired doneness, turning once and brushing often with marinade.
- 10Serve kabob with whole wheat roll and a tossed salad made with fresh, washed greens and vegetables of choice, and topped with a chopped tomato and dressing.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef and Vegetable Kabob With Salad
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 574.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free salad dressing