You can sub chicken mince/ground chicken for the beef......though be sure to cook chicken thoroughly. 1 tablespoon measure = 4 teaspoons. Makes 8 skewers. Have included the recipe for the Vietnamese sauce, but you can use any sauce of choice. You can substitute roasted cashews or macadamias in place of the roasted peanuts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 bamboo skewers, coaked in water for 20 minutes prior to use
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, for grilling or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 g beef mince or 500 g ground chicken
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped mint or 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red chili, deseeded andvery finely chopped (red asian style chilli)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Vietnamese Dipping sauce (optional)
- 1Combine all of the meatball ingredients, kneading and squeezing until the mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- 2With wet hands, shape into bite-size balls and thread three onto each skewer.
- 3Brush lighly with oil and grill on a barbecue, in a hot pan or under the grill. Turn often, for about 7 minutes until cooked but still a little rare on the inside. If using the chicken meat- be sure to cook through thoroughly.
- 4Serve with Vietnamese dipping sauce or other sauce of your choice.
- 5To make the Vietnamese dipping sauce (optional): Whisk all ingredients together. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef and Peanut Meatball Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 1592.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: