Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can spend big bucks on a sandwich such as this in a Deli, why not make it yourself. You will need a panini maker for this (a great investment if you make a lot of sandwiches!) adjust all amounts to taste.
- 3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
- softened butter
- 8 slices rye bread (or use pumpernickle bread)
- 3⁄4 lb thinly-sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onions, honey, Dijon and vinegar in a saucepan; cook stirring over medium heat until the onions are tender (about 8-10 minutes) then season with black pepper.
- Butter both sides of bread.
- Top 4 slices bread with roast beef, then 2 slices cheese and 1/4 of the onion mixture.
- Top with remaining bread slice.
- Heat an electric panini maker, place a sandwich in and close lid; heat until golden.