Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
That would be a grilled bacon-cheese-tomato, just yummy.
- 2 slices French bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced very thinly
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Spread one side of each of the two pieces on bread with 1 tsp butter each.
- Place bread, butter side down in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Spread the cheddar cheese evenly on one of the pieces of bread, top with the bacon slices.
- Place the thin tomato slices evenly over the other piece of bread.
- Sprinkle the pepper, garlic powder and oregano evenly over the tomato.
- Cook until the cheddar is melted and the bottom of each piece of bread is golden.
- Place the cheese side of the bread, cheese down on top of the tomato.
- Remove sandwich to plate and cut in halves or quarters (or not, personal preference).
- Serve immediately.
Very tasty. I did change the recipe just a little. I mixed the grated cheese with some mayo so that I could spread it on the bread without all the cheese falling off before it was melted. Not low cal/low fat, but very good.