Recipe by Bessa
A little BBQ seasoning and pepper jack cheese adds a twist to your normal potatoes on the grill.
Top Review by Outta Here
I am giving this 5 stars for flavor, but I used a little different method to cook. It was cold and wet today, so I used my Foreman grill. I cut recipe down to two servings and put the foil packs on the grill and closed the lid and cooked for about 20 minutes. They flattened out more than on the BBQ I am sure, but boy, did they taste good. Loved the pepper jack cheese in the center. Will be making these again, whether your method or mine :) Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (optional)
Desired amount each
- minced dried onion
- barbecue seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill, low about 250-300 degrees.
- Use 4 sections (1 per serving) foil, big enough to wrap hashbrowns. Lay flat and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and place 1 tbsp butter onto each section of foil (save remaining 4 tbsp butter for later).
- Place half serving of potatoes (1/8 pkg) onto each piece of foil and place desired amount of cheese. Place remaining potatoes (1/8 pkg) on top of cheese, followed by remaining butter.
- Sprinkle dried onion, bbq seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring together 2 edges of foil and roll tight. Fold other 2 sides under. Make sure there are no openings so juices don't seep out.
- Cook on grill 30-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes (be careful not to poke holes in foil).