Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dessert from the grill! Simple and sweet!
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- Take 4 pieces of foil and coat each with the butter on one side. (Cooking oil spray works well too.).
- Mix the brown sugar, rum and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Coat each banana with the mixture and wrap tightly in the butter lined foil.
- Place on the grill for about 15- 20 minutes and enjoy.
Well.. The flavor was wonderful, but unfortunatly, we just couldnt quite get around the texture :o\ (my MIL isn't much on fruit that soft, and the texture was unfortunatly too close to the over cooked veggies I had to eat as a child) As this is not Oolala's fault by any means,and the flavor is divine (how could it not be?), we didn't want to lower her rating just cause we weren't expecting mushy textured banana's, lol (silly, I know - if they are soft to begin with, they'll get softer as they cook..). Since we really like the flavor, I am saving the remaining 2 bananas, and using them in my favorite banana nut bread tomorrow (and they would be great in banana pudding, too :). Thank you for submitting, Oolala :)
Excellent and just so easy to do. The only thing I did different was to add some chocolate sauce to it. Great ending for a BBQ dinner. Thanks Oolala
This was a excellent dessert and was a very different dessert.