Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great Grilled meal. Goes well with salad or rice also. My own creation from trying to spice up the low carb diet I am on, hope you enjoy it.
- 50 large shrimp (approximately)
- 17 slices bacon
- 1 vidalia onion
- 16 ounces of medium size mushrooms
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- barbecue sauce (your favorite kind)
- Cut up the onion and peppers in large chunks approximately 1 inch squares or a little larger.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds and slightly cook the bacon until it is softened but not crispy.
- (this could be done in the microwave) Wrap the shrimp in the bacon slices and assemble the Kabobs on the metal skewers starting with bacon wrapped shrimp, a chunk of red pepper, onion, mushroom cap, and green pepper then another bacon wrapped shrimp.
- fill the skewer.
- Place the Skewers on a preheated grill with slightly greased foil.
- As you are cooking the skewers, baste with the BBQ sauce on each side for approximately 7 to 10 minutes (depending on the temperature of your grill.) Enjoy!