Recipe by Normaone
I've had this recipe in my file for so long I don't know where it came from. I do know that it is wonderful especially with really fresh salmon. My oldest son brings one home from time to time. There just isn't anything better!
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick,thawed if frozen (4-6oz.)
- 1 cup mesquite wood chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- lemon slice
- basil sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a blender container.
- Process until smooth.
- Place salmon steaks in a glass dish.
- Pour marinade over salmon, turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover wood chips with water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Just before cooking salmon sprinkle wood chips over coals.
- Place salmon steaks on oiled grill rack 4-6 inches over medium hot coals.
- Grill 10-17 minutes until fish is done, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Garnish with a lemon slices and sprigs of basil.