Recipe by MarraMamba
A simple dish that I use for basil lemon chicken panini the day after. You can use tenders or chicken scaloppine as well. Thanks for catching my omission of the basil in the directions, I have fixed it.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Even with the 30 minutes marinading time, this was quick and easy enough to make on a Friday night when I was exhausted from a full-on week. A seriously delicious recipe that I'll happily make again - on a week night or to serve to guests. Made exactly to the recipe - using fresh basil, freshly ground black pepper and minced garlic - and just loved how lemony and garlicky it was! :) And the chicken (I used organic chicken) was moist and wonderfully tender. We do love both lemons and garlic so enjoyed this with Recipe #375257 and panfried mushrooms (with some more garlic and thyme)! YUM! I had thought 'what a pity that I cannot marinate the chicken for longer' but the 30 minutes produced SUCH excellent results. Thank you, MarraMamba, for sharing yet another great recipe.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice, combine zest and juice with oil, basil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Put chicken breasts between wax paper and pound to an even thickness.
- Place in glad bag or bowl with marinade and leave for 30 minutes to 20 hours.
- Grill chicken on bbq, broil it, or even cook it in a hot skillet, 6-8 minutes approximately.