Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine the basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, Tabasco Sauce and salt& pepper.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour the oil mixture over it making sure all chicken breast are coated.
- Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Grill chicken at medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
This recipe is absolutley wonderful! The chicken is very tender, a bit hot but not too much and has a great basil-garlic flavour. Yum!
This was pretty good. The basil flavour just doesn't shine through all the other flavours. My husband and I enjoyed the heat from the Tabasco but my Mom couldn't eat her's - so cut back or omit if you are serving this recipe to those not used to spicy foods.
We tended to agree with one of the other reviewers, that the basil got lost in this. Maybe it needs to be named Tabasco Chicken (with Herb of Choice) ;-). After eating and loving this for its speed and tastiness, we did decide that a stronger herb (coriander, marjoram, oregano, dill) would maybe work better. It is such a good basic idea that we will make it again trying out different herbs as we do.