1/5 Photos of Grilled Basil and Garlic Stuffed Chicken
This is so easy to make and has a great flavor. One of my husband's favorites. Adapted from BHG The Grilling Book to suit our taste. Great served with wild rice and a salad. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (please use a good parmesan cheese)
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (may add more)
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half (4 medium)
- salt and pepper
- ground red pepper
- 1For sauce, in a small bowl combine lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- 2For stuffing, combine butter, parmesan cheese, basil and garlic in a small bowl.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Place chicken piece between 2 double layers of plastic wrap.
- 5Use flat side of a meat mallet to pound chicken into rectangles about 1/8 inch thick.
- 6Remove plastic warp.
- 7Spread stuffing on chicken.
- 8Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and ground red pepper to taste.
- 9Fold in sides of each chicken breast and roll up chicken.
- 10Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 11Grill over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with sauce the last 10 minutes of grilling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Basil and Garlic Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: