This is so easy to make and has a great flavor. One of my husband's favorites. Adapted from BHG The Grilling Book to suit our taste. Great served with wild rice and a salad. Enjoy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (please use a good parmesan cheese)
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (may add more)
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half (4 medium)
- salt and pepper
- ground red pepper
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- For stuffing, combine butter, parmesan cheese, basil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken piece between 2 double layers of plastic wrap.
- Use flat side of a meat mallet to pound chicken into rectangles about 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove plastic warp.
- Spread stuffing on chicken.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and ground red pepper to taste.
- Fold in sides of each chicken breast and roll up chicken.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with sauce the last 10 minutes of grilling.