Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting summer recipe. It's great alone or with ice cream.
- 5 bartlett pears
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat grill to med-high.
- Cut pears into thick slices and place evenly in a large pan.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Pour melted butter over pears.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix until pears are completely coated with the mixture.
- Place pears directly onto hot grill.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and place in individual serving bows.
- Pour remaining butter mixture into a medium, grill safe saucepan (if you like, add a little of your favorite liquor). Cook until just boiling.
- Place scoops of vanilla ice cream over the pears in each bowl.
- Drizzle sauce over ice cream and serve.