Recipe by Classy D
Remember--the key to cooking any fish is not to overcook it. Enjoy!
Top Review by BecR
This recipe is almost identical to one I was just going to post. A neighbor who went salmon fishing in Alaska gave us this recipe. Outrageously good---a must try! Takes about 10 minutes per inch of fish to grill or barbecue (turning only once). Be sure to close the cover/vents of your grill during at least part of the cooking to add smoky flavor. thanks for this keeper!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Baste with Buttery Baste.
- Place on 2 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Place foil over medium coals.
- Grill just until salmon begins to flake, basting frequently.
- Baste again just before serving.
- Serve with Fresh Peas and New Potatoes!
- To prepare Buttery Baste: Combine butter, garlic, soy sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and ketcup in small saucepan. Heat until well blended, stirring frequently; do not boil!