Prep 6 hrs
Cook 42 mins
Very time consuming, but well worth it!
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 78.07 ml Bourbon
- 78.07 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml hot sauce
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml liquid smoke
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make spice rub: Sprinkle spice mix and rub onto chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to medium low; oil when hot.
- Cook chicken for 10 minutes, turnover and cook for 8 minutes longer.
- Brush sauce on one side of the chicken, turn over and cook for 3 minutes.
- Brush remaining side with sauce, turn over and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
We loved this! It really isn't time consuming at all. The sauce is sweet but not overbearingly. I cut the recipe down to serve 2 and it worked great. I did use the bone-in skin on chicken breast. That's all we ever eat. I had enough sauce leftover to serve it on the side for dipping. Served Red Onion Confit along side for a wonderful finish. Thanks for posting. :)