Recipe by mommyoftwosweetboys2008
Very time consuming, but well worth it!
Top Review by teresas
We loved this! It really isn't time consuming at all. The sauce is sweet but not overbearingly. I cut the recipe down to serve 2 and it worked great. I did use the bone-in skin on chicken breast. That's all we ever eat. I had enough sauce leftover to serve it on the side for dipping. Served recipe #241749 along side for a wonderful finish. Thanks for posting. :)
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 78.07 ml Bourbon
- 78.07 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml hot sauce
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make spice rub: Sprinkle spice mix and rub onto chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to medium low; oil when hot.
- Cook chicken for 10 minutes, turnover and cook for 8 minutes longer.
- Brush sauce on one side of the chicken, turn over and cook for 3 minutes.
- Brush remaining side with sauce, turn over and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.