Very time consuming, but well worth it!
Make and share this Grilled Barbecue Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make spice rub: Sprinkle spice mix and rub onto chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to medium low; oil when hot.
- Cook chicken for 10 minutes, turnover and cook for 8 minutes longer.
- Brush sauce on one side of the chicken, turn over and cook for 3 minutes.
- Brush remaining side with sauce, turn over and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.