Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We do this when we are out in camping with our friends. Really delicious. You should see their faces when they are served this gourmet dessert out in the open under the stars. A treat even if you're at home.
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 29.58 ml honey
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4 bananas, peel on sliced through lenghtwise
- 473.19 ml chocolate ice cream (that's where the RV comes in handy, we have a freezer!)
- In bowl, blend rum, honey and cinnamon. Reserve (I do this before we go and put it in a tupperware container).
- Over direct heat grill bananas, cut-side down for 3 min, or until bananas get obvious grill marks.
- Turn bananas and brush with honey-rum mixture. Continue grilling, with lid down, for five minutes or until bananas are cooked throughout.
- Remove and serve immdiately with ice cream.
These are really good! I saw them made on the Food Network a few years ago and made them many times since.