Recipe by Brandess
One of our favorite quick desserts from Grill It! with Bobby Flay. This is a great way to use up over ripened bananas. The fresh, naturally sweet flavor of the bananas is intensified by the grilling and the cinnamon really makes this recipe a winner.
Top Review by Sweet Chef
Did this tonight after eating some BBQ. It was very good! I would have never thought to use sweetened condensed milk with a grilled banana. Followed the recipe and added a dollop of whipped topping at the end. Thanks for posting!
- 3 bananas, ripe unpeeled
- 1 ounce sweetened condensed milk (recommended ( La Lechera)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Leaving the peel on and intact, place whole bananas inside the grill at any temperature, and grill until very brown and soft, anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes depending on the grill temperature.
- Slice bananas, through the peel, from end to end.
- Squeeze open like you would a baked potato.
- Put a little bit of condensed milk over the banana and sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon.