Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
A great dessert to make in the summer on the BBQ.
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise.
- Stir together margarine or butter and 1 teaspoon of the orange juice.
- Brush mixture on all sides of banana pieces.
- Place bananas directly on the grill rack over medium-hot coals.
- Grill, uncovered, for 2 minutes; turn over and grill for 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy, medium skillet or saucepan combine the caramel topping and the remaining 1 teaspoon orange juice.
- Heat on the grill rack alongside bananas directly over the coals, or on a stovetop, until bubbly. Stir frequently.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Add bananas and stir gently to coat.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into 4 dessert dishes.
- Spoon sauce and bananas over ice cream.