Grilled Banana Splits - Safeway Recipe Book
- Prepare grill for direct, medium-high heat (meaning you can comfortably hold your hand just above the grill ony 3 - 4 seconds).
- While the grill heats, cut into each unpeeled banana lengthwise, making a deep slit but taking care to avoid cutting all the way through.
- Slip pieces of chocolate into each pocket and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
- Wrap each banana in foil.
- Lay bananas on grill (close lid if using a gas grill) and cook, turning once, until slightly soft when squeezed with tongs, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap each banana and place on plate iwth the cut side facing up.
- Top each with small scoops of ice cream and add a dollop of whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry -- .