Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe for free at the local Safeway grocery store in their booklets, it looked different than others posted and SUPER yummy. I can't wait to try it.
- 4 large bananas, firm-ripe unpeeled skins washed with detergent before using
- 4 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream (any favorite) or 3 scoops chocolate ice cream (any favorite)
- 1 cup whipped cream, lightly sweetened
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped & toasted or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Prepare grill for direct, medium-high heat (meaning you can comfortably hold your hand just above the grill ony 3 - 4 seconds).
- While the grill heats, cut into each unpeeled banana lengthwise, making a deep slit but taking care to avoid cutting all the way through.
- Slip pieces of chocolate into each pocket and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
- Wrap each banana in foil.
- Lay bananas on grill (close lid if using a gas grill) and cook, turning once, until slightly soft when squeezed with tongs, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap each banana and place on plate iwth the cut side facing up.
- Top each with small scoops of ice cream and add a dollop of whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry -- .
This was so Good and it was fun to do. Everyone loved