Recipe by LAURIE
I love to cookout either on the grill or the campfire! Desserts are no exception and are fun to pull off the grill to the amazement of guests. This is a super easy and very yummy dessert that everyone loves! Hope you love it like we do. (Prep time is also for soaking skewers.)
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
We made these a long time ago in Girl Scouts and I still remember how good they are! A different twist on the traditional banana split is what you'll get. Thanks for bringing this back!
- 3 medium bananas, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups large strawberries, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 pint good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup or 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping (or both!)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers (at least 6 inches long) in warm water for 30-60 minutes then drain, this will keep the skewers from burning.
- Alternatley thread fruit onto skewers leaving 1/4 inch spaces.
- Over medium heat, place kabobs directly over heat.
- Cover and grill about 5 minutes til fruit is warm and bananas are golden brown, turning so that they dont burn.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1 scoop ice cream and 2 kabobs in each serving dish.
- Drizzle with the topping of choice and garnish as desired.
- Serve immediately.