Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a refreshing dessert after you're done grilling.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 8 large strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- chopped nuts
- whipped cream
- Leaving the skin on, wash bananas thoroughly, then cut in half crosswise and then again lengthwise, ending up with four pieces from each banana.
- Cut strawberries in half to make two pieces from each.
- Whisk together orange juice, cane sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add bananas and strawberries and toss gently to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Grill bananas and strawberries cut-side down over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove strawberries and set aside.
- Turn bananas over and continue cooking skin side down about 5 more minutes, or until the skin pulls away from the banana.
- Remove skins from bananas and place 4 pieces in each serving bowl.
- Top with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.
- Place 4 pieces of grilled strawberry on top. Garnish with chopped nuts.