Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a real treat! The bananas taste wonderful topped with the warmed hot fudge sauce. This is a good way to use up leftover hot coals after grilling your burgers, steaks, chicken.....
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise and then crosswise so each banana yields 4 pieces, don't peel them.
- Brush honey on cut sides and let stand 5 minutes.
- Charcoal grill: grill bananas, cut side down, on the rack of grill, directly over hot coals, covered, until grill marks appear; turn over and grill 4-5 minutes more or till skin pulls away from banana.
- For gas grill: place bananas on grill rack over low heat, cover and grill bananas as explained above.
- Peel banana pieces; arrange 2 pieces in each of 8 serving bowls; top each with 2 small scoops of ice cream; ladle 2 tablespoons of hot fudge sauce over each sundae; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped nuts, add whipped cream and place one cherry on top.