Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
It's like a s'more with grilled pineapple and banana inside
- 4 pieces angel food cake (3-inch wide wedges)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1 oz pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 banana, peeled, quartered
- 2 pineapple rings, 3/4-inch thick, cut into quarters
- Preheat grill to medium.
- slice cake wedges 3/4 of the way through to make like a pocket, tuck chocolate inside each pocket, then brush the outside with butter, set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat banana chunks with lemon juice, then dredge them and the pineapple in the cinnamon sugar mix. Alternately thread 2 pineapple pieces and 1 banana chunk on each of the 4 skewers.
- Oil the grill, then arrange fruit skewers on the grill, cover and cook 2-3 minutes. Turn the skewers over and place cake sandwiches on grill; cover and grill 2-3 minutes, flipping the cake after a minute to melt the chocolate.
- To serve, place a fruit skewer inside each cake pocket, then pull out the skewers.
- EXTRA: you can top each sandwich with some strawberries.