From Australian Diabetic Living. Times are estimated, will try and make for the DM (don't liked cooked/warmed bananas myself but she loves them).
- NOTE - to split banana three ways, peel and gently place thumb on the tip of the banana and push down through the middle of the banana, it will split into three.
- Preheat griller/broiler to medium.
- Cut the banana in half crossways (creating 6 pieces).
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray, place under the griller/broiler and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until one side is toasted.
- Spread the peanut butter on the untoasted side of each slice.
- Top with the banana (3 pieces per slice) and brush pieces with the honey.
- Place back under the griller/broiler for 2 minutes or until banana is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with extra honey if desired.
I made these toasts for a breakfast treat for my girls and DH. They all loved it and it will for sure go into our breakfast options being quick to make and a decent start to the day. I used smooth peanut butter and otherwise stayed true to the recipe.
Interesting recipe. I'm not sure if I really like the warm bananas or not but this all works together in flavors. I used this for breakfast today as I love toast with PB and honey but have never added bananas. I just toasted my bread in the toaster oven and then put them back in on the oven setting for the last bit. I think next time I'll do this but just not warm the bananas as the taste is spot on and it is more of a personal issue with warm bananas. Thanks for sharing - made for Went to the Market tag game.
Awesome recipe. I'm like you Pat. I don't like warm bananas, but for some reason this recipe just works for me. Nothing fancy, just good eatin!!!