Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian Diabetic Living. Times are estimated, will try and make for the DM (don't liked cooked/warmed bananas myself but she loves them).
Top Review by Deantini
I made these toasts for a breakfast treat for my girls and DH. They all loved it and it will for sure go into our breakfast options being quick to make and a decent start to the day. I used smooth peanut butter and otherwise stayed true to the recipe.
- 1 banana (peeled, split into three section, SEE NOTE)
- 2 slices bread (1.5cm thick Italian style or equivalent gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (light)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (a pinch)
- honey (extra to drizzle) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE - to split banana three ways, peel and gently place thumb on the tip of the banana and push down through the middle of the banana, it will split into three.
- Preheat griller/broiler to medium.
- Cut the banana in half crossways (creating 6 pieces).
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray, place under the griller/broiler and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until one side is toasted.
- Spread the peanut butter on the untoasted side of each slice.
- Top with the banana (3 pieces per slice) and brush pieces with the honey.
- Place back under the griller/broiler for 2 minutes or until banana is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with extra honey if desired.