1/8 Photos of Grilled Banana, Peanut Butter and Honey on Toast (Diabetic)
From Australian Diabetic Living. Times are estimated, will try and make for the DM (don't liked cooked/warmed bananas myself but she loves them).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE - to split banana three ways, peel and gently place thumb on the tip of the banana and push down through the middle of the banana, it will split into three.
- 2Preheat griller/broiler to medium.
- 3Cut the banana in half crossways (creating 6 pieces).
- 4Place the bread slices on a baking tray, place under the griller/broiler and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until one side is toasted.
- 5Spread the peanut butter on the untoasted side of each slice.
- 6Top with the banana (3 pieces per slice) and brush pieces with the honey.
- 7Place back under the griller/broiler for 2 minutes or until banana is lightly browned.
- 8Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with extra honey if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Banana, Peanut Butter and Honey on Toast (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g