Recipe from our local Whole Foods Market. Looks interesting and different. I've never made this, so I am completely guessing at prep/cook times. Time to marinate fruit is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Leaving skin on, wash bananas thoroughly.
- 2Cut in half crosswise and then again lengthwise, ending up with four pieces from each banana.
- 3Cut strawberries in half to make two pieces from each.
- 4Whisk together orange juice, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 5Add bananas and strawberries and toss gently to coat.
- 6Let marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- 7Grill bananas and strawberries cut-side down over medium-low heat about 2 or 3 minutes.
- 8Remove strawberries and set aside.
- 9Turn bananas over and continue cooking skin side down about 5 more minutes or until the skin pulls away from the banana.
- 10Remove skins from bananas and place 4 pieces into each serving bowl.
- 11Top with ice cream, then sauce, then whipped cream.
- 12Place 4 pieces of grilled strawberry on top.
- 13Garnish with chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Banana Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g