Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I came up with this when I made an over abundance of banana bread! I had forgotten that my recipe made 2 loaves, and I had DOUBLED the recipe. I ended up with 4 loaves! Had to get creative! And these were wonderful!
- 8 slices banana bread, thick slices (with or without nuts)
- 1 large round fully cooked ham steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- maple syrup
- 2 large medium-ripe bananas, sliced
- lemon juice, if needed
- softened butter, for spreading
- In frying pan, melt butter. Fry ham steak for a few minutes on each side til lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and drizzle each side with a little maple syrup to lightly coat.
- Cut into 4 equal portions.
- Place pieces on 4 slices banana bread.
- Top with slices of bananas.
- *If bananas start to brown, just sprinkle them with a little lemon juice as needed. Top each with another slice of banana bread.
- Butter tops with very soft butter and place buttered side down back into heated frying pan. Butter top sides.
- Cook over medium-low heat.
- When golden on bottoms, carefully flip over and lightly brown other side.
You'll definitely need utensils, this is NOT a pick-up-and-eat sandwich. It is however, totally delicious. And very filling!